Information for AuthorsPlaridel is a refereed biannual journal published by the University of the Philippines College of Mass Communication (UP CMC). Articles may focus on any aspect of communication and media. Review of a book, film, website, TV, or radio program may also be submitted. All articles should have a high degree of scholarship. They will have to be approved by the assigned issue editor and by selected referees for publication.
- All manuscripts should be written with proper citations using the American Psychological Association (APA) style.
- The manuscript should be in MS Word format without any identifying information such as author(s) name and institutional affiliations.
- Before submitting your manuscript, ensure that any identifying information such as author(s) name and institutional affiliations are removed within the manuscript. In addition, the documents itself should be anonymized. For more info, follow this link: Remove hidden data and personal information by inspecting documents, presentations, or workbooks (microsoft.com)
- Articles must have a minimum of 5,000 words and must not exceed 10,000 words (word count does not include titles/headings, abstract, tables, figures, references, foot/endnotes, acknowledgements, and biosketch).
- Reviews must have at least 1,500 but not more than 5,000 words. (word count does not include abstract, tables, figures, references, foot/endnotes, acknowledgements, and biosketch).
- Articles and reviews may be submitted either in English or Filipino.
- In addition, articles should be accompanied by an abstract of 150 – 250 words. Abstracts for contributions written in Filipino must also have an English abstract. Also, the abstract should be accompanied by 5 keywords.
- Authors should also submit a separate title page with the manuscript title and biosketch. The biosketch includes the author’s latest educational attainment, a short description of current work or affiliation and an email address. Below are some examples:
JUAN DELA CRUZ is a film/literary scholar and an Assistant Professor of the University of the Philippines Film Institute (UPFI). He is currently the director of the Office of Research and Publication of the College of Mass Communication (corresponding author: [email protected]).
JUAN DELA CRUZ obtained his degree in Film and Audio Visual Communication (cum laude) from UP Diliman in 2009 and is now in the university’s MA Araling Pilipino program. He is a freelance writer, production manager, and assistant director for film and television (corresponding author: [email protected]).
- Submissions may be submitted online at <Online Submission – Plaridel Journal> or e-mailed to the Editor-in-Chief at <[email protected]>.